Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Works as advertised but dims the screen a good bit, even looking straight on. I compensate by increasing the brightness on my screen, but that kinda defeats the purpose of long battery life on trans-Atlantic flights. I find myself removing it when I'm watching videos on a plane so that I can squeeze out more battery life on a dimmer screen, then put it back on when I'm doing emails and work.
The product easily slides in place with no stickiness on the screen, and is just as easy to remove. The mounting kit holds the privacy screen in place on the sides and bottom, letting gravity do the rest. I recommend using the alternate smaller mounts instead of the larger ones. The mounts don't necessarily cause a problem because they are clear, but they do blur up a few pixels on the sides of the screen. The smaller mounts (included) are better for this reason.
As for viewing angle, a person sitting directly next to you on the plane will still be able to see some of your screen but it's doubtful it would be easy for them to read something. They would have to actually be trying to look at your screen. If I'm in a window seat, there's no way someone in the isle seat can see what's on my screen. People sitting two chairs away from me in a conference room said they see only a black screen. But someone right next to me might be able to see my screen clearly if they lean over my way. Normally a laptop has about a 170 degree viewing angle. This product limits the view angle down substantially, but you should still be cautious if people are deliberately trying to see your screen. Anything more than 40 degrees off center and the screen turns nearly black. So the normal 170 degree screen of a laptop is reduced to about 80 at the most.
3 stars.
Click Here to see more reviews about: 3M Privacy Filter-3M PF13.3W9 Widescreen Notebook Privacy Screen (16:9)
0 comments:
Post a Comment