Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)After ordering this item, but before it arrived, I had some doubts, as it was basically $10 for two small, thin sheets of plastic and some liquid to apply it with...what was I thinking?
However, after my last cell phone was ruined and after getting a new Octane I really liked, I wanted to take some extra steps to protect it. Add to that, before the goods arrive, I had already put two small scratches into my front screen. How, I don't know, but the idea of the screen once again seemed a good one.
Well, when the Skinomi arrived, I delayed a few days putting it on because I did not want to rush it, and figured it would be a pain to apply. When I finally sat down, I was pleasantly surprised...
I took pains to follow the instructions carefully, wiping the phone with a dust-free cloth and wetting my fingertips before handling the sheets. The front screen went on without a hitch, and I did not need to do too much in the way of scraping the air pockets to smooth it out.
Feeling confident, I attached the interior screen next, and this one turned out to be more problematic, mainly because I did not take the time to lay it out one end to the other, but kind of placed the whole thing on, resulting in several medium bubbles, and some smaller ones. While the enclosed card helped smooth out some of the bubbles, I still had a few left there. I was hoping that when the instructions said that small bubbles would disappear over the next few days, they meant it. My advice is to kind of roll this sheet on.
I then left the phone alone for 12 hours to "cure".
The end result has been impressive. The front of the phone quickly lost all trace of bubble, and the sheen it puts on the front of the phone is very pleasing. Even the two small scratches disappeared unless one knows where to look. I think the overall effect is improve the overall look of the phone.
On the interior, the bubbles shrank, but were more persistent, but it was something I was willing to live with. As it turns out, they continued to shrink to the point where they are very hard to see. Nice.
So far, after several weeks of use, the shields seem to be working, although I have not gone out of my way to abuse the phone and test them. What I have noticed is that they show no sign of peeling off, even the front edges. I have yet to see a scratch appear in the front, and it easily wipes off with any convenient cloth. I am now more worried about scratching the sides and back of the phone then I am the screen.
I will post an update after several months to report how the shields hold up, but so far, I have been happy with the purchase. I have to check more into the lifetime replacement rules, but uWORD OF WARNING:
The screen gets sticky very quickly. I did not have to pull either off to reposition, thankfully, but testing it while I was putting it on, it is clear it adheres pretty quickly. While I might have gotten it off without warping, I would not want to have bet on it.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for LG Octane
Click here for more information about Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for LG Octane
0 comments:
Post a Comment