Monday, August 13, 2012

Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for HTC Aria | Lifetime Replacements Review

Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for HTC Aria | Lifetime Replacements
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
First off, I want to say that I am a little irked that the HTC Aria is the number one best selling phone on Amazon right now and there is only 1 screen protector available right now. But hats off to Gadget Guard for providing this one for immediate shipping. I ordered from the manufacturer late at night and it was in the mail with a USPS tracking number the next day.
I was a little scared to buy this after reading the other review on here that talked about applying a dripping wet piece of vinyl to my phone that I am not supposed to get wet. But, I figured that the application procedure is the same for all of their screen protectors, so I read some reviews for the screen protectors for other phones and no one seemed to have a problem with it. I also googled it and found the instructions online and it talks about moistening the vinyl first. Apparently, this helps with the application and keeps the air bubbles out. I did follow the procedure in the other review and put my phone on a dry towel. I accidentally sprayed too much application solution on the phone-side-down side and when I squeegeed the extra water out, I didn't even have enough water come out the sides to make a single drop. I just had a paper towel close by and dabbed the two baby droplets that came out the side. So what I'm trying to say is that the application procedure is not that scary. You probably get more moisture on your phone by putting it next to your ear on a warm day.
As far as the size goes, it fit mine perfectly. It kind of stretches a little when you put it on. So, on one side, it was a little too short, so I just used credit card to push it towards that side and it stretched it the extra half a millimeter that I needed. When I was all done, I had a few small bubbles, but it's my understanding that they go away after a few days. Even if they don't, the bubbles are so small, that it's not an issue. And I'm saying that as an OCD perfectionist.
Edit: The small bubbles actually went away later that day.
As far as the product goes itself, it's just what I expected - a piece of vinyl that goes over the top of my phone. Take note that vinyl is naturally a little stickier than glass, so your fingers won't flick across it as smoothly as it does over the glass, but I expected that. It still flicks fine, but it just has a little more resistance. You can feel how solid it is though once it is on. I don't think it does very much as far as glare goes. One thing it does do though, is keep finger prints off of it. Every time I pick up my phone and the screen is off, I see the zig zag screen unlock pattern I set to lock my phone, which totally defeats the purpose of that security function. With this screen protector, your screen will be fingerprint free.
******************************************************
Lastly, and most importantly, I wanted to leave a tip for people looking for accessories to the HTC Aria. Apparently, the phone was called the HTC Intruder when it was in development. I just went to Best Buy and saw that they had about 15 screen protectors labeled HTC Intruder and they were on clearance for $3.99. I also found a sweet case made out of the same hardened rubber as the back of the phone that was labeled as an HTC Intruder case and was real cheap. My guess is that they ordered a bunch of cases and screen protectors from the manufacturer and got a box of stuff for the HTC Intruder, and not knowing what that was, they marked it down.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for HTC Aria | Lifetime Replacements



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Invisible Gadget Guard | Screen Protector Shield for HTC Aria | Lifetime Replacements

0 comments:

Post a Comment