Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I use a privacy filter on my iPhone and it works fine. These privacy screens tend to be a bit thicker and more stiff than most screens, and that's a good thing. It makes it more like putting on a sheet of plastic than a flimsy sheet of cellophane.
Another point about privacy screens is you have to accept that even when looking at your display directly, it will still look a bit on the darker side. That's the price we pay to prevent folks from seeing our iPad's screen.
The Good
The 4-way privacy filter works. The only real "clear" viewing angle is straight forward. Looking at it from any other angle is almost useless.
The Bad
Right after I opened the package I noticed some separation between the layers. A few weeks later it looks as if some bubbles are forming between the layers. So what I do is push it down and smooth it out and it goes away for a bit, but then comes back. These are not the usual bubbles that get trapped between the iPad and the sticky part of the privacy filter. These bubbles seem to be between the top and middle layers.
I do not recommend getting this KHOMO brand for your iPad 2. I took a chance getting this product without seeing any reviews. Hopefully you will see this and go find another privacy screen.
Update: The vendor was amazing in trying to assist me. I totally recommend doing business with Onix. They sent me a new filter to replace the defective one, but unfortunately it got bent in the mail. So I returned both filters for a full refund less a couple bucks for a refund fee.
If you still feel adventurous and want to buy this filter anyway, see if you can have it shipped in a box to prevent any damage during transport. The default is to send it in a padded envelope, which was ok for the first one. But if it gets bent, it is totally useless. The filter is a stiff plastic so if it gets bent, it cannot be unbent.
Click Here to see more reviews about: KHOMO: Privacy 4 way Screen Protector Film Filter for NEW iPad 2 (Newest Version March 2011 Release)
0 comments:
Post a Comment