Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I travel several times a month and am looking forward to challenge the TSA with this "Checkpoint Friendly" Laptop Bag.
From the TSA website, and I quote,
"Starting Aug. 16, 2008 TSA began to allow laptops to remain in bags meeting "checkpoint friendly" guidelines. Not all laptop bags are "checkpoint friendly". To help streamline the security process and better protect laptops, TSA recently encouraged manufacturers to design bags that will produce a clear and unobstructed image of the laptop when undergoing X-ray screening. A design that meets this objective will enable TSA to allow laptops to remain in bags for screening."
This Targus bag meets all the requirements in place by the TSA. It is less than a third the cost of other maker's bags and for me, is far superior to other bags (and I've tried several) that I paid twice the price for and is not "Checkpoint Friendly".
Sure, I know it doesn't have an exterior pocket for your boarding pass, but you can easily slip that in the center section (between the apparel storage compartment and the laptop compartment) for easy access. That's where I'll put my magazine or book, iPad and boarding pass. SWEEEEEET!
I was apprehensive about the bag, because Amazon writes it's for a 15.6 Inch laptop, but the Targus website claims it's for a 16" laptop. So I was ready to return it if when it came it didn't work with my 15.6" laptop. I'm glad to say that even with a protective sleeve (which has an outside pocket) and the 9-cell extended battery (which takes up more space), it fits, snug but it fits GREAT! AND now I feel better about my laptop (my extended office) traveling through the TSA screening and staying inside my own bag. How many times have you heard over the intercom, "Who ever left a laptop computer at the TSA screening, please return to claim it".
On a side note, and I have no idea how Amazon did this, but I ordered it on Saturday (This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping(5-8 business days)) and it was delivered on Monday. Now I'm in California (Los Angeles) and the return address says (Arizona). AMAZING AMAZON continues to be my favorite place to shop.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Targus Checkpoint-Friendly Mobile Elite Roller for 15.6 Inch Widescreen Laptops TBR006US (Black)
The Targus Zip-Thru Mobile Elite Roller is designed to help you clear airport security without removing your laptop from your case. Constructed to fit 16 widescreen laptops, the workstation includes pen loops, a business card holder and accessory pockets. Featuring a large separate compartment for apparel storage, this roller provides plenty of space for overnight trips or extra office supplies. The ergonomic telescoping handle retracts into a zippered compartment when not in use and the case includes a dual carry handle for added convenience. The Zip-Thru Mobile Elite Roller is a functional transit case designed for professionals on the go.
0 comments:
Post a Comment